I will be doing a semi-animated advert that will be between 30-45 seconds in length, showcasing dramatic scenes from my own comic series. The main program I will be using for speedpaints/panelling is Photoshop and for the animation itself will be After Effects. (I will go on even if it keeps crashing even if it's my nemesis! I won't let it defeat me!)
So for the little tests im doing a few speedpaints of personal characters to test out movements and effects. Currently having a look for tutorials to resemble flowing wind in hair, smoke, fire, breathing within static images. Not to mention dynamic camera movements to give off an action filled advert so this will all come in handy!
So here'll be a little (long) list of tutorials I can refer back to, think of it as a bookmark so I don't lose them in the future!
- http://irfanrasyid.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/fire-and-smoke-in-after-effects-part-i.html (For some reason the images aren't showing up, not sure if it's just my bandwidth playing up which happens when I have the net open and photoshop at the same time... So will have a look at it in uni.)
- http://irfanrasyid.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/fire-and-smoke-in-after-effects-part-ii.html (Second part, same thing is happening as the above.)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-eU6FbAAo (Very helpful video!)
- http://ae.tutsplus.com/articles/news/creating-smoke-with-cc-particle-effects/ (Effectively, i'll be testing smoke first, as there's a quick shot of an explosion/fire!)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0chai-EkBY (This will be ESSENTIAL for the end where the title of the story appears. Well afterall the story is a branche from The Smoker's Syndicate: Mafia series.)